"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mama Loves Her Little.......Bella

When I had my first-born 15 years ago, I made up a little song to sing to her while I rocked her at night....(to the tune of 'Jesus Loves the Little Children')

"Mama loves her little Lizbeth,
cutest little Lizbeth in the world...
She is cute and sweet and smart
And so dear to Mama's heart.
Mama loves the cutest Lizbeth in the world..."

I have sung this song a million times to all three children with their names (Sam, Grace..) inserted in the appropriate spot. Yes, it was very off-tune--but, nonetheless, it was our song. I'm sure I am not the only Mom who has done this--even my Mom shared that she has a special song she made up for Grace to the tune of "Showers of Blessings!"

Yesterday, I found myself humming the song and I inserted "Bella's" name in it. My heart was full when I thought of the blessing I will receive to be able to sing my special ditty to one more little Burckhard. What a precious gift that will be!

1 comment:

  1. Paula
    that is soo sweet and I have to admit I have a song that I sing to my babies too! With each of them I have added a verse. funny! Thanks the nice posting! hugs

    ReplyDelete