"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Leaving Everyone Behind.....

Tomorrow morning I'm heading off to Edgely, ND, to attend our state's Family Voices Family Leadership Weekend. I'm excited, but nervous to attend....and leave everyone behind. Kevin's a great hands-on Dad, so he'll do fine.

Family Voices is a national organization that aims to achieve family-centered care for all children and youth with special health care needs and/or disabilities. This weekend family members from across the state will attend this conference to learn leadership skills and how to advocate for their children. Should be a good time--I'm more concerned that I have to share a motel room with someone I don't know! Ha Ha!

I am hoping that when I get back on Sunday I will be able to let you know more about the adoption details!

Have a good weekend. AND, if you think about it, give Kevin a call! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good weekend and a good "motel" mate! I shared a room with you for many years and I know how you like it quiet! :-)
    I'm sure Kevin did a great job!

    ReplyDelete