"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Friday, July 24, 2009

My Stomach's Doin' Backflips!

Every day I watch the little videos we took of Bella...I can't wait to see her again. But, I of little faith am so nervous, my stomach's doin' backflips.

The what if's are haunting me! What if Bella doesn't remember us? What if she isn't there? What if court does not go well and we don't get to adopt her? What if, What if, What if?.......

At this point, I take a deep breath and meditate on one of my favorite verses:

"For I know the plans I have for you," Declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Please pray for strength to finish strong, no matter which "what if" comes our way!

In Him, Paula

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you all! Can't wait to be able to meet you and hear about how well everything turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete