"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Diving In

Steven Curtis Chapman, a favorite Christian artist of mine, has a song that truly describes my feelings at this moment. Here are the lyrics to "Dive":

The long awaited rains
Have fallen hard upon the thirsty ground
And carved their way to where
The wild and rushing river can be found
And like the rains
I have been carried here to where the river flows

My heart is racing and my knees are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there is no turning back
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
That's telling me it's time to take the leap of faith
So here I go

I'm diving in
I'm going deep in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive
So sink or swim
I'm diving in........

So here I go..... Blogging (which I said I would never do) about adopting a precious little girl from Eastern Europe. How much scarier can it get for an old mama like me! But I'm taking a deep breath and "diving" in. Won't you join us as we take this leap of faith?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!! Blessings to your family as you journey to bring Bella home.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey.....Thanks for the welcomes and support.

    ReplyDelete