"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Sunday, February 22, 2009

You're My Best Friend.....

Hey, can you hear the tune my playlist's playing right now? Yeah, it's "You're My Best Friend" by Queen.

Perhaps some of you do not know why this song is important to me. Well, a little over 23 years ago Kevin proposed over the radio with this song!

We were getting ready to go out to a movie and were standing in his parents' kitchen. I reached up to turn off the radio, which was sitting on top of the fridge, and Kevin lunged at my hand and said "Noooooo....". Okaaaaay, I thought, what's so important about the radio being on?!?

Then the radio announcer came on and said "The next song goes out to Paula from Kevin who wants her to be his Best Friend Forever." Kevin then pulled an engagement ring from his front pocket and asked me to marry him. I said "Yes!"

After turning off the radio, we finally headed out to the movie (I don't even remember which one it was). Wow, can it really be that many years since I said yes--Talk about having a BFF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment