"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Great News.....

After a VERY long week....Bella is finally on the mend. She had her tonsils and adenoids out a week ago last Monday. Being the tough little cookie she is, I just assumed she would bounce back no problem. Boy, was I wrong! I really had to force her to take pain meds and drink....she seemed to be in a lot of pain.....poor thing! And her breath....Oh My!!!!!!

I only left the house one time during last week, and that was to pick up Grace from school because she got sick. :(

But today we got great news! While Bella was under anesthesia, the local lab drew blood for a full screening. Today we got the results: Negative to everything......HIV, anemia, Celiac, leukemia, thyroid.....Yay!

And today, I know she is feeling better, because she ate a graham cracker and drank a whole glass of chocolate milk.

Praise God for a great report and that she is finally feeling a bit better!

7 comments:

  1. Good deal! Addy had a horrible recovery from her TA. She did better with her more major surgeries! Glad Bella bug is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I well remember recovering from getting my tonsils removed when I was six. It was awful! I pray my daughter never has to through that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news! I'm glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news...so glad she is feeling better. Also so glad she is negative for everything!! Lots of love from my family to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear she is doing better and YAY for good test results!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY!!! Glad to hear she's improving. You know, Angela has had more than 20 surgeries, most GI related, but the t&A was the most difficult recovery of any procedure she's had done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless her heart!! I'm glad to hear she's on the mend. :o) Erik had his adenoids out too, and I know that bad breath smell too well!! YUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete