"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wow! What a Week......

We certainly had one exciting week in the Burckhard household!

Monday.....our Bobcat was stolen.

Tuesday.....Kevin's brother Randy won the state Senate seat for his district. Woo Hoo, Randy! So proud of you! Kevin's sister Bonnie from Renton, WA, flew in to surprise Randy for the election results party. It was so great to see her too!

Wednesday.....We announced our commitment to bring home a little boy named Nathan (which is just a "stage" name....I can't announce his real name until we bring him home) from an Eastern European country.

My head is spinning and, of course, my heart is soaring! Thank you to all our friends and family who have shown support through comments on our blog and on FB. It means the world to us that we have such a wonderful circle of support as we start this exciting journey once again.

I will share more later on how we came to committing to this precious child in my next post.

Thanks again & Love you all......Paula

5 comments:

  1. Goodness what a week indeed!

    Sorry about the bobcat that really stinks.

    A huge congratulations on the new commitment for Nathan, he's such a doll!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you HAVE had a week!! Bummer about the Bobcat (hopefully it was insured!). Congrats on your BIL's senate win!! Congrats again about Nathan (he's soooo cute!)!

    P.S. My mom lives in Renton and I did for several years! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the bobcat. But great news about the Senate seat! Congratulations to Randy!

    We live in Edmonds, just a few short miles from Renton! (Compared to the rest of America!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Nathan just makes me swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cindy & Missi....what a small world we live in! I have always loved the Renton area and if I couldn't live in ND, that's where I would like to live!

    Nathan makes me swoon too! :)

    ReplyDelete