"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Friday, November 26, 2010

OK, Let's Talk.....

Our Thanksgiving was a wonderful time of sharing, food, and fellowship. The highlight of the entire day was when we all sat down, after singing our grace, and were about to partake in our feast--

When all of a sudden, Grace with her little round face beaming in the candlelight, said "Ok, let's talk! Daddy?"

Translation: "Let's go around the table and share what we are thankful for...Daddy you go first!"

Grace knows how to get to the heart of the matter on all things and to focus on what is most important. Thank you God for giving us our Grace to shape us into the people you want to be!

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Even though at age 5 Joey is still non-verbal he still has his way of making sure everyone participates in saying Grace by making sure their hands are folded and they are use their voices. I have even started to put Isaiah's hands together (even though he has NO clue and gets mad) and when I don't Joey will remind me and motion for me to "do" Isaiah too. They DO teach us so much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!! Your girls are darling! I can't wait to see them running around the house with their little brother.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! Grace is such a ham!

    I've been meaning to ask you how your "moratorium" on buying clothes for the year is going - have you bought any? Are you going crazy??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! We are so truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph -- thanks for sharing about Joey! I agree it is so amazing what our children can teach us!

    Missy--sigh, I broke down in September and bought a red blazer. Regretted later, but rationalized it by saying to myself that I NEEDED something new to teach my class at the unversity. What a cop out! Thanks for keeping my honest!

    Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday too!

    ReplyDelete