"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Three Sizes Too Big....

Before we started pursuing this adoption, I asked a dear friend of mine who adopted from China if you could really love an adopted child like a biological child. She emphatically replied "Yes!



I sort of believed her then. But now, I can fully relate and understand what she was saying. My heart has grown by leaps and bounds just like Dr. Seuss' Grinch:

"And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

That's how my heart feels when I look at all FOUR of my children. There is no difference in the love I have for them, but my heart has grown not one but three sizes bigger!

To be able to experience this miracle of adoption is all of God's doing. We are so blessed and my heart is so full! Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I recently had a friend ask me the same thing. She wondered if she would love her new daughter the same as her "homegrown" children. She was afriad she wouldn't feel the urge to kiss and hug her as she does her other children. I was able to not only tell her but show her how much I love Patrick, what a cool thing God does with a momma's heart!! (my friend is on her way this month to meet her daughter, and I can't wait to see the love she is soon to experience!)

    ReplyDelete