"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bella Melts Mama's Heart....

Yesterday, Kevin and I arrived at the orphanage early in the morning. We glanced around the orphanage grounds to find her little groupa. When we spotted them watering the flowers, we noticed the kind caregiver point us out to Bella. When she saw me, she started running towards me on the brick walkway, arms outstretched, yelling "Mama, Mama, Mama!" As she reached us, I bent down to see her and she wrapped her little arms around my neck and gave me a hug! Melted my heart!



She is also very smart--She is learning signs as we teach them: more, shoes, and I love you (done as the peace sign). Her teacher had us observe her put two puzzles together. She can ride a tricycle, loves the swinging rings, and would stay on the swing the whole time if we let her. When we were walking around the paths, she heard a bird tweeting, stopped, listened, and flapped her little arms!

The Director of the Orphanage told us on the first day that she is a little star, and loves to perform! Grace will have a sister to sing High School Musical songs on the Wii with her! They can put on little shows for us!

Although we are having fun visiting with her, we are missing our other children terribly. We miss and love you three!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! She sounds adorable! I can just see her running to you and yelling, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" That melts my heart, too!!! I know you miss Elizabeth, Sam and Grace, but how will you be able to leave????

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a doll! And such a smarty too!:)
    Praying that things will go smoothly and you'll all be home together soon!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like she has been having good care! the picture is lovely, she's truly beautiful gift from God
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh that kissable face!! What a cutie - you must be so excited to finally get to hold her in your arms! Praying for a quick process -

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww soo sweet Paula! Hugs I am glad she is such a happy child. Has Kevin had any luck with her since he shaved his beard???? Hopefully! Can't wait to see her but it is going to be hard for you to leave her! :) hugs

    ReplyDelete