"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Sinking In....

Last night, Kevin and I were shell-shocked, just sitting looking at each in disbelief that we are actually on our way to meet Bella.

We have seen God's hand in this journey through every detour, pothole, and open road! We have been amazed at how he has worked everything out! Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support!

I don't know if everyone knows this, but in Bella's country you do not get a referral to the requested child until you get there and have an appointment with the adoption department. There is a small chance that she may not be available for adoption due to circumstances such as another family requesting her before us, paperwork mix-ups, etc. So continued prayers for a smooth referral are appreciated!

If we get referred to her, we will probably get to meet her on June 23rd or 24th! That is not very far away! Yay!

And, if we do not get referred to our precious Bella, we are trusting that God has a different child in mind for us--that He is using Bella to point the way. We would be devestated, of course, but will trust that it will all work out for our good and His glory!

More details to follow.....Love you all.....Paula

6 comments:

  1. Kassidy and I are praying for you and your family! We can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you! You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the post saying you have her file! Safe travels, my friend! I know you are so ready to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!!!! Just reading your awesome news!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has it sunk in yet? I am so happy for you!
    I bet you are frantically trying to get everything in order... house, child care, stuff for the trip. Mom told me the plans for Grace in July....... sounds like a GREAT plan--- Grace and I have a LOT in common, anyway, so we'll have FUN --- we'll try to avoid yukky smells at all costs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, I will pray for you. What you're describing happened to me in Latvia. I went thinking I was adopting two seven year olds, Natalija and Emilija and the day I got there I was told they were not paper ready and it could take months to get it straightened out. Momentarily the bottom dropped out of my world, but I took a deep breath and went to meet the daughters that were meant to be mine, and THE moment I met them I knew they were mine. I will pray that Bella is ready, but just trust in the Lord and He will lead you to your child. God Bless you and keep you safe on your journey, Linda

    ReplyDelete