"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

The Burckhard Family

The Burckhard Family

Friday, June 5, 2009

Overflowing with Hope

When Grace was first born and I was struggling with the fact she had Down syndrome, those first two months of her life were excruciatingly hard on me. And, just when I felt I was losing ground, my Pastor would call and say to me the words "Romans 15:13, Paula, Romans 15:13". That is all he would have to say, and I would turn back to God from the pit and cling to Him once again.

This same verse is proving to be a lifeline once again as we wait for news to adopt our little Bella. I pray that these living words will bring comfort to those of you who read this and are feeling like hope is slipping away....

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

In Him, Paula

5 comments:

  1. We are praying that you will feel God's hope and peace...and for His protection over Bella while she waits, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying peace for you, Paula. I know it is so hard to wait, but I just KNOW everything will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at this as the last month of your pregnancy . . .
    this month always seems to last way too long,
    you are uncomfortable and impatient, (this must be your "wait" gain happening, haha)
    you just want it all over and your little one here, you want to see her, hold her, kiss her,
    you are praying for a smooth delivery without complications, but lets face it, what special needs baby doesn't have complications soooooo
    just know that this is one complication you can get past. So this kind of sounds like a normal birth!
    Just let go and Let GOD handle it.
    I bet your water will break soon and you will go into labor and delivery! Hang in there! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what Wanda said! Neat. Ran into Kevin in Bismarck today ~ told him you're in our thoughts and prayers. I'm here at a meeting with Roxane and Missi and Donene was here yesterday too, and we're all thinking of you. This morning I told Kevin to eat some fruit- Roxane suggested bran :)
    Hang in there!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your support and prayers mean more than words can say. Thanks everyone! Love you....Paula

    ReplyDelete